Tuesday 20 May 2014

Completion

The first draft of our film is complete! On the off chance it gets sent to festivals or something, we're refraining from posting a final copy.

It's been a wild ride, on which we've learnt many crucial lessons about timekeeping, shortcuts, narrative structure, team management, and last but not least, After Effects.

I developed a knack for Photoshop, and am frankly flabbergasted I managed to churn out so many aesthetically-satisfying backgrounds. My Flash skills have developed, my work method having become more streamlined and precise, and my leadership skills, although fundamentally lacking for someone who isn't really a director at heart, have come along in leaps and bounds.

Gary and Jake had moments of inactivity, and there have been some frustrating moments, but their unwavering loyalty to the project meant that I never felt the project was jeopardised by anything they did. Ultimately, that loyalty (and, at times, genuine love) for the film was the saving grace, coming together and making sure there was something to show for all the discussions and development work.

Overall, I am delighted to report that the feel of our final film is pretty much how I envisaged it at the beginning, narrative and aesthetic tweaks aside, and my team did well.

Further tweaks are to be made for the blu-ray submission, finishing extra shots and polishing the footage more, but for now I intend to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment